Saturday, May 15, 2010

Great Week!

I'm really quite proud of myself this week and can't wait to weigh in tomorrow ... very hard to NOT jump on the scales before hand, but I'll wait. :)

I've tried something a little different though. You know how magazines, doctors, etc, are always preaching we have a larger breakfast, medium sized lunch then an even smaller meal in the evening? I've tried it and let me know tell you, it HAS made a difference. At least when it came to evening/night time hunger which has always been my downfall.

Because of not feeling that great however, my exercise hasn't been what it should've been and I've only been walking instead of my usual elliptical and such, but still - it's been a great 30-40 minutes these past 4 evenings in a row.

I've also been trying to work a bit on my kids eating habits, lunches have always been a pain in the ass for me - and often meant grabbing any lose change we could find and whatever was boxed and 'snackish', granola bars, puddings, etc.

This week, I'd made them chicken wraps (whole wheat pita, shredded cooked chicken, baby spinach, red pepper, sprinkle of cheese and a little mustard) and they actually liked them! Lol Zip-locked some baby carrots and celery sticks, fat free jellos and grapes and/or oranges and they were happy. :) Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment